President Buhari last year nominated Ayine to assume office as the new Auditor-General of the Federation.
Just before his confirmation, Senator Binta Garba representing Yobe North, kicked against it, arguing that Ayine was formerly an auditor of a local government in Cross Rivers state and was on level 14 which is not level 17 needed for a public service Auditor to be considered for the position of an auditor.She also alleged that Ayine was related to Winifred Oyo-Ita, the Head of Service of the Federation, and that this negated the practice of Federal Character.
She was however opposed by her colleagues and the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, who presided over the senate today. Ayine was afterwards confirmed.
- 7 easy ways to earn your partner’s respect
- Top 12 common traits in highly intelligent people (+Pics)
- Top 12 Most powerful kids in the world
- Photo: Underage Nollywood actress Regina Daniels show off Lover
- 18 Photos That Prove Being Tall Can Be Extremely Painful. #4 Is Really A Big Problem
- Thief’s intestine budge out after he was beaten by mob (Graphic photos)
- Check out 13 funny quotes inspired by President Mugabe as he turns 93
- The 12 most dangerous female serial killers of all time